PLACE, NUMBERS 16-18, is believed to be
oldest commercial building still in use
was built by Mary Reiby, Australia's first
female convict, commencing in
worth knowing that the bricks, were imported
from Scotland, and original door from England.
name "BULLETIN" is derived from
the fact that in those days, the "Herald"
read the events of the day in the nearby
park (today Macquarie Place) very close
to GOVERNOR's PALACE (today LOFTUS Street).
It is rumoured that MARY REIBY was the mistress
of the GOVERNOR, which allowed her anything.
fact she collected wool at BULLETIN PLACE
she traded for Rum with the arriving
As you know, rum at the time was
used as currency
for trading; in brief she
accumulated great wealth
and later became
the property had various owners most
them printers including the last one that
the paper "THE BULLETIN"
(1880 ca) which is known
today as the "BULLETIN
the 1970's and 80's, for twenty years it
the home of Len Evans Wines and became
of the best known wines houses in Australia,
hosting great dinners and wine tasting.
PLACE has returned to its GLORIOUS DAYS,
with ALFREDO'S AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RESTAURANT
""THE OPERA NIGHT" RESTAURANT"".